Wednesday, July 1, 2009

First flu, then what???

It has been one of these crazy weeks where I felt at my worst with flu/cold, getting frustrated I couldn't do any training, being at home 24/7 with a sick child that also missing her daycare as a result of being sick (since Swine Flu symptom school are very touchy when it comes to sick children being at school, etc and we parents has to sign daycare extra 'term and condition' for sickness clause which is understandable), my personal challenge got neglected and this week I even have a scare of miscarriage which just a bit too much for me.
I thought it was a normal cycle (you know, woman thing) and it seems very heavy than normal and its only a day. I seems to have the miscarriage symptom and made me very paranoid as we have been trying for another baby 'casually' for nearly a year now and I just thought maybe its time to see the quack just to make sure that I am not abusing my body (not in term of the trainings that I did or how I eat but more to do about the lack of awareness about what I know and what I don't know about abnormal bleeding during my cycle) I didn't stop my training, as a matter of fact the day I had these heavy bleeding my boxing was at the top of the world! I was enjoying it so much, my 'partner in crime' Jo think I was overly aggressive punching her hand and kept reminding me that she isn't my husband (if that is who she think my target is!) I got to see the quack by the end of the week and everything seems to be ok (internal check - cervix wasn't opening) Still, my GP don't want to rule out it isn't a miscarriage so asked me to do a wee on the pee stick (which fortunately I have done and its NEGATIVE!) She also said pee stick isn't as good as blood test as it won't detect the most minute pregnancy hormone so I was given an instruction to get a blood test which I done the day after.
I finally got the result and a call from the lovely lady doctor and I was told that the test was NEGATIVE! I am relief as I do not want to go through the scan, cleaning it all up, etc (yuk!) although given the choice I will do it, so we can have a clean start next time. I am very pleased with the result but I must admit the waiting and wondering game did put my concentration and focus elsewhere than training and my passion for the sports for a week. I think if the result is positive, I won't be upset or worried and I will take the next step to get myself scan and clean up properly. I understand that our body has a natural way of getting rid of what not meant to be or not good. But its just an extra blessing that it isn't positive at the first place.
So, it has been a few weeks of disruptions, physically and mentally and my Tough Guy and Gal Challenge is this Sunday. I am prepared, I am ready to be out there to have fun, get myself into a right mess, mud, wet and I want to enjoy this event with my best mate Stuart that decided to do it alongside me. He is like a brother to me. Maybe he is the only man beside my husband Vince that willing to hear all the gruesome details about my problem last week. For that I give him a huge credit!After this event, I want to plan what I want to do in order to prepare for Auckland Marathon 2009 in November that I am taking part, I want to incorporate a structural training plan that can link to my personal challenge (more practical and related to future events) and I want to revisit my 2009 goals for the ones that I've done and the one that still to be done as we are now already half of the year (where did the last 6 months gone?) and I need to be realistic about my personal goal for this year.Although my blood test came negative, at the back of my mind I can't help of thinking that I need to be a bit more strategic about what I want, if it is practical to try another baby now or would I like to venture these crazy sports wee bit longer and postpone the idea of having another baby until next year? Am I selfish or am I just being realistic to do all these planning and replanning? Am I being practical? Or just pure naive? I wish I didn't think about it too much as I will ended up beating myself up for wanting to do something that I love without being judge (that's a baby and love of my sports). Still, whatever it is I hope I am happy with the decision.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

AUCKLAND MARATHON 2009