Tuesday, July 14, 2009

First day of training after a week rest from Tough Guy n Gal Challenge. Not that I didn't want to start the training after few days post event but I have this cough that I can't seems to shake off. It really make me asthmatic which is a turn off during training (like there is a turn on for training?)

Did a 20km training on wind trainer (effing hard!!!!) but I managed to hack with with the help of my favourite 'training tunes' on my iPod - my best friend that is, without it training is just a distance dream. Try to sing while you on wind trainer (nah! I ain't that fit yet!) I felt good providing my derriere (spelling! Back side that is) is sore from sitting on the bike seat (I haven't been on it for good couple of week or possibly my bike pants are getting thin? One of those two's)

After the bike ride (which I felt like doing 40km) I brave myself to do a small run. So I did. Managed to run just for 5.1km and I felt ok but failed to do the 4th loop on the route to make it near 7km. Never mind. Still I am impressed with my determination.

I am off to boxing tonight so looking forward to that. I want to fit a swim today but I think I might have that a miss and do that tomorrow instead as it will give my poor leg a day rest but swim is not gonna go hard on my leg, so good balance there.

I want to keep my training consistence on a weekly basis now with not much expectation of mileage but just be out there and do it. I know I will get back to this madness in no time, slowly but surely....

Songs that accompanied me this morning for my wind trainer session and run are:
1. Outta Here (Esmee Denters)
2. Knock You Down (Keri Hilson ft. Kanye West & Ne-Yo)
3. Bring Me To Life (Evanescence)
4. Shackles (Praise You) (Mary Mary)
5. Love, Sex & Magic (Ciara ft Justin Timberlake)
6. America Boy (Estelle ft Kanye West)
7. Don't Stop The Music (Rihanna)
8. Get Right (JLo)
9. Feel (Robbie Williams)
10. Stronger (Kanye West)
11. Boom Boom Pow (Black Eyed Peas)

No comments:

Post a Comment

AUCKLAND MARATHON 2009