Thursday, July 23, 2009

First bike out since winter!

I thought days has been improving with more warm sunny days and I thought of braving myself out in the cold this morning with my thermal and all sort (Vince said I wore more than skier do!) for a bike ride this morning. It turn out to be quite chilly first 10 mins but after that, I am starting to get warmer in no time. I thought I will be ok biking especially been on the wind trainer at least 3 times a week clocking 40-50k in total but MY GOD! My legs are in bits climbing just a small hills! I am soooo unfit!

I have been watching Tour de France on Sky tele for weeks now and gosh, looking at what they do and what I can't do, make me realised what a machine those athletes are! I am not saying I want to be like them but I'm just ashamed that I can't even manage to get my leg going for 5 mins constant pedal to a reasonable height of hills. Saying that, I never yet been in a position where I have to walk with my bike either.

My sweet hubby (Vince) wanted to buy a road bike as he never own one. He is into Mountain Biking and has been to Woodhill on a weekly basis for a good 6-8 months now and he loves it. I hope he does get a road bike as I would love to be out and about with him one day. Maybe a trip to Helensville with him hey (70-80k from our house and back!) Yeah right, that's a dream!

I am glad I started the bike ride again now the weather are slowly getting warmer. I think what I need is a good pair of SKINS type thermal that can hold my body temperature better as I am freezing at some part of the road when I'm under the shades. I should start using my True Rewards and get it at Rebel Sports for nothing!
YASMIN - OUR HEART AND SOUL....

I also bought a set of boxing gloves (and a pair for Vince) with the boxing pad as we want to start doing boxing together in the garage once a week. It will be a good workout together as I am getting totally hooked with it after having 6 sessions last month with few of the girls at Lollipop Daycare. As the instructor finished for now (she's expecting a baby) I thought its a shame to just leave it when I can clearly do it with Vince indoor (he's done boxing before) As long as we don't train after we just had a domestic, the punches might be vital! Ha..ha..

VINCE BEFORE HE LOST ALL THOSE WEIGHT!

I hope to continue cross training more now as Vince also just bought himself a second hand Pinarello Galileo road bike on TradeMe with Ultegra components all over the bike (just under 2 years old) and he never done any road bike before! He literally bought it just as I was typing this blog! As our daughter is growing fast and we are able to spend more time sporting together, it will be a good investment for both of us to keep supporting one another getting fitter, healthier and lost more weight. I admire my hubby determination as he lost nearly 40kg in just over a year and for someone that don't even walk to anywhere now can walk/jog for 10k twice a week, ran in the morning for few k's before going to work, mountain biking for 15-20k every Saturday without a miss and work out in our multi gym garage 4 hours a week. That's is impressive.
VINCE AFTER (NEARLY 6 STONES LIGHTER!)
OUR MULTI GYM - WHERE WE SWEAT OUR GUTS OUT!

I would like to see both of us one day at the finishing line together finishing an event. Now that's priceless!

2 comments:

  1. Keep up the hard work. The life benefits are the reward. Boxing? Yeh, my wife does that too. I don't because she can kick my rear end.
    ps: Love the music..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there,
    I have been lacking on this blog as you can see but been busy boxing twice a week and doing my run training for Auckland Marathon. Its not far off from event day and i'm getting all butterfly and nervous about it! Thanks for your kind comment. I must update my blog soon! Such a lazy arse I am!!!!

    ReplyDelete

AUCKLAND MARATHON 2009