Wednesday, September 23, 2009

My determination to prove that I'm wrong!

I haven't been updating my blog for months now and I have been sooo lacking. Well at least the lack is not on my training but on my blog. For the past good 6 months now I have been running gradually from 3k runs 3 times a week till recently I am clocking to 30k -40k a week! I have seen such improvement to my strength, I may not be quick (still a turtle) but my breathing is improving (born asthmatic), my stitches pain no longer exist, I still get sore leg after my long run but quickly recovered after few hours and the main thing is I enjoyed running (I never would have thought I say this!) My next coming event is Auckland Half Marathon that I wish to try to improved my running ability in hope once Tri season start again this summer, my running is up to scratch (well that's the plan)

Running has challenged me in so many ways. From the moment I decide this is the day that I want to run till the time that I am about to finished my running no matter how many k's I run on the day. My mental state never been challenged to this degree and I am amazed how I cope with it and how I fight with it on a case by case basis. It can be the weather that make me don't want to go out running, the new route is too scary to try, the iPhone that I used for mapping and listening to the music isn't fully charge till up to I haven't got anything decent to wear for running! That's how pathetic I am fighting with my running demon. But I have 'talked' to myself at every situation that it can be done. My OCD has helped in organised my running day going smoothly or else I won't be out of the door doing it at all.

The furthers I have been running so far is 19.5km in 3 hours which I think in marathon standard is soooo slow but I am determine that my half marathon will be within that range. I hope to run 21k in 3 weeks time giving me enough time to do maintenance run before having a taper week. So far I think my plan will work as long as I keep it to my schedule. I am so proud of my training achievement as I know a year ago I can't even run for 10 minutes without being breathless, fatigue and just couldn't do it but now, running for 10k 3 times a week is no longer a chores to me. And for that, I deserve a pat on the back and I am sure this half marathon in November is just another fear that I will surely conquer soon!

Pain is temporary, the feeling of achievement last forever......

No comments:

Post a Comment

AUCKLAND MARATHON 2009